Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Gobig's June 17th 2011 update (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=18724)

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 17, 2011 10:36 PM

Gobig's June 17th 2011 update

10 Attachment(s)
Lots of first flowers on most plants now sun angle was not good for the photos but they are attached. Plants are reaching or surpasing the top rungs of the cages.

First is Terhune left and Barlow Jap Right

Second is cowlicks left and stump of the world right.

Third is big beef foreground and black cherry to the rear

Fourth is the woods with ground cherries and sungold and craigella

Fitth is earl of edgecombe

Sixth is new big dwarf

Seventh and eighth are frosty f4 3066

Ninth and tenth are frosty f4 3067

Craig

recruiterg June 18, 2011 08:44 AM

Craig. Looking good. I don't know what you are feeding those plants, because once again, they are about a foot taller than mine. Great work. I've got a lot of flowers, but no fruitset yet as far as I can tell. Here's hoping for good weather.

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 19, 2011 12:06 AM

Thanks Pat only been miracle grow potting mix with some osmocote and a couple of jobes tomatoe spikes along with miracle grow for tomatoes at plant out with this wet spring I have not waterd since. I want to give the next round of watering miracle grow bloom booster but the plants have to dry out first.

I am just glad you enjoy the pics and hope others do as well.

Craig

matereater June 19, 2011 07:53 AM

Craig, what size pots are you using?? btw, all your plants look great!

DRT0MAT0 June 19, 2011 08:36 AM

Looks like your doing everything right. My plants are looking allot like yours. Not to bad for us Northerners. Do you have any babies on there yet? I got about a dozen cherries about the size of a pea.

darwinslair June 19, 2011 09:32 AM

<smiling> going to have to stop down for a beer. Your plants are ahead of mine I think. Looking good.

Tom

darwinslair June 19, 2011 02:38 PM

Craig also feeds them horse steroids and Flintstone's vitamins too <smile>

Tom

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 19, 2011 10:34 PM

Thanks all they are in 20 inch pots and the upper deck ones are 20 inch as well but do not hold quite as much potting mix. Hoping for a great season. Tom I finally got the Terhune seeds from 2008 planted this year and have one in one of my prime spots and it is looking good, was a little smaller plant then the very strong growing barlow jap but is catching up to it now after plant out hope they taste as good as the fruit you shared with me last year.

Craig

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 19, 2011 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=darwinslair;219526]<smiling> going to have to stop down for a beer. Your plants are ahead of mine I think. Looking good.

Tom[/QUOTE]

With this cool spring I think the containers will get a head start due to the cool ground.

Craig

darwinslair June 20, 2011 12:03 AM

yeah, containers I have are well ahead of what is in the ground height-wise, but barring some odd mid-summer freeze, should still be a banner year.
Tom

darwinslair June 27, 2011 12:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to stop by and see for myself your monster tomatoes Craig. They have grown since you took photos. gosh darnoodley. Most are taller than I am, and I am not a short person.

I took a couple photos just to show people here what a difference even a couple of days has made.

Tom

darwinslair June 27, 2011 12:04 AM

gosh darnoodley?

Did I really say that? I must be having a stroke or something.

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 27, 2011 09:33 AM

Yep they are getting bigger everyday and most all have flowers that are hopefully going to set fruit this week. The smaller plant in the first picture is Terhune grown from seeds you gave me in 2008. It might be smaller but has allot more blooms then the bigger plant it is next to.

Craig

darwinslair June 27, 2011 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=Gobig_or_Gohome_toms;220726] The smaller plant in the first picture is Terhune grown from seeds you gave me in 2008. It might be smaller but has allot more blooms then the bigger plant it is next to.

Craig[/QUOTE]

Smaller? none of your plants are "smaller" Just some are not as monstrously huge as others.

<smile> looking good Craig.

Tom

darwinslair June 30, 2011 08:22 PM

Walked down to Craig's with Nell and the dog. Craig showed me around his plants. If the Terhune sets half the blossoms it has, it is going to be an amazing year for it. The plant is taller than I am.

Tom