Thread: PSR-37
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011   #9
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
The original information posted at Peters Seed Research for PSR-37 was that it is a potato leaf line grown out of the original Early Girl hybrid predating the Early Girl Improved hybrid. I still have an original pack of PSR-37 seeds from Peters Seed Research circa 2004 or 2005.

But Peters Seed Research is defunct, and I don't know whether they ever sold seeds for a regular leaf PSR-37 line. Maybe someone has a link to a wayback shot of their online catalog, or even a scan of their print seed list? Until someone shows proof they did, my opinion will remain that PSR-37 is a potato leaf line, and that the so-called PSR-37 seeds that are out there now giving regular leaf plants are wrong seed sourced from that Silverseed fellow.
I don't know what specific batch of PSR-37 seeds that Silver had from Peters, but he had about a pound of seed and was distributing it at idig, and I contacted him there b'c I felt if he had so much seed there might be those at Tville who could use an OP version of Early Girl F1.

Silver never mentioned leaf form and I'd have to go back to that idig link to see if anyone who grew out those seeds got PL, RL, or a mix.

Silver had huge amounts of seeds from Tim Peters for several other varieties and was supposed to send them to me, but disappeared, and I asked Green Zone if there was some way I could find Silver and he said he could e-mail him and did. GZ got back to me much later, twice, and asked if I'd heard anything I said no, which is why I only offered the PSR-37 seeds last year even though in that thread I said I was expecting more varieties, or maybe it was in a different thread where someone was asking about an OP EB.

As for me and my growout lists, "we" don't grow Early Girl.