View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012   #27
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

There are now two threads about this variety, one in the General Discussion Forum and one in this Seed Starting Forum.

So I'm cutting and pasting my report that I just did in the General Discussion Forum to here.

Marko, I'm sure, well pretty sure, that I'll find the seeds you sent me, but Alex did send me Nano Ciliega, as noted in an earlier post here, as well as Fiaschetto, both from Italy and both red cherries and I grew another red cherry, an heirloom from Serbia called Durmtorske.

Of the 40 plants out back I only got a few fruits from each of the above three and two unnamed pink heart fruits. A really terrible year here for my tomatoes for several reasons.

The tastes of both Ciliega and Fiaschetto were good, pretty much average, but the taste of Durmtorske I found to be outstanding.

I know I'll have seeds of Nano Ciliega to put in my seed offer for 2013, just in case there are any others here who didn't get seeds, but also for me to send for trial to several seed sites, But the person doing the seed production for the other two hasn't gotten back to me yet, so fingers crossed on those two.

This is the third season in a row that the growouts here at home have not done well, and it really does depress me, but Freda, who does all the gardening for me had a rough summer, without going into details and she simply was n't here enough to take care of them, get the weeds out of the containers and Gro-bags, fertilize, or spray for foliage diseases.

Then there was the weather, which was terrible.

OK, I'll shut up now, but I call the tomatoes I grow my tomato kids, not having any human kids, and I like to see them grow up and make a difference in the lives of other tomato growers if they do well. Kind of getting on the Honor Role at school, if you know what I mean.