View Single Post
Old March 22, 2014   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofem View Post
How soon do you want us to report? I planted nine seeds each of the two varieties you sent last Sunday (6 days ago) along with a similar number of seeds from six different varieties. Most of my own seeds (except two-year old Prudens Purple seeds) have germinated, but only one of the 18 seeds I got from you has germinated. I expect some more may germinate, but how long should I wait?
No timeline for reporting.

Time to germination for seeds has many variables, which we've discussed before. The oldest seeds I listed were 2011 seeds and I deleted all the ones from the 2014 list that had low germination from previous years, there were just a few.

With fresh 2013 seeds with how I germinated seeds I would expect 70 to 100% germination, perhaps a bit less with the 2012 seeds and perhaps a bit less with the 2011 seeds.

But again, no data for the 2013 seeds and there were many sources for those seeds. So I'm eager to see how germination goes for those varieties being germinated by more than one person, and of course individual ones as well.

No need IMO to report germination at different times, and then have to update those numbers.

I do wish that everyone would remember to indicate THE SEED AGE, which does help, and again, the method(S) used to germinate seeds. But that's an individual choice.

Carolyn