|
June 30, 2012 | #1 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Need ID. I think I have tomatillos!
Found these in my perrenial garden, must be seeded from the previous owners of this farm. So what do I have ? There are tiny green fruit inside the husks.
June 30, 2012 | #2 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I haven't grown tomatillos in at least 30 yrs. and I only grew them once, but I do remember that the fruit was very sticky. Wait for the husk to dry.
Charlie |
June 30, 2012 | #3 |
Tomatovillian™
|
They look like a weed we have here. They don't look like tomatillos to me the leavs are wrong.
Please don't eat till you have a sure fire ID on them. Many plants that look like this can kill you in a horrible way. Worth. |
June 30, 2012 | #4 |
Tomatovillian™
|
There are no ripe fruit, they are still very small.
Probably just a weed.
June 30, 2012 | #5 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I agree with Worth. The leaves don't look anything like tomatillos.
Bill _______________________________________________ When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe. -John Muir Believe those who seek the Truth: Doubt those who find it. -André Gide |
July 1, 2012 | #6 |
Tomatovillian™
|
The closest I can come up with is Physalis longifolia (Longleaf Groundcherry). It's considered a noxious weed. The berries should be cooked before consumption.
Much more info. and guidance for positive id at: http://www.missouriplants.com/Yellow...olia_page.html |
July 1, 2012 | #7 |
Tomatovillian™
|
My knowledge, on this subject, is so infinitesimally small that I will defer to the more cautious and knowledgeable Worth.
Charlie |
|
|