Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 15, 2015   #1
charline
Tomatovillian™

Default MMMM 2015 seed saving thread

I thought it would be good to have a place where we could tell each other what we are looking for and what we have. So we can save seeds for the swap and everybody will get what he is dreaming about.

I didnt get BIANCA GRANDE in the last MMMM. So may be someone has it and will send it in this year.
I am also looking for UTRENNJAJA ROSA and GREEN LANTERN LIGHTS.

Please post your wishes and may be I or someone else has it and will save seeds
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2015   #2
jbond007
Tomatovillian™

Wouldn't that be the "Wanted varieties" and "Available for Trade" Sections? That would be a good place to post this information but maybe more people will see it here.

Still looking for:
  • Skykomish
  • Big Sky Brandy
  • Candy Sweet Icicle

Last edited by jbond007; June 15, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
jbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2015   #3
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I don't mind people posting those hard to find varieties, now. It means I can begin to compile a master wish list.

About the first of September is when most people start to make their lists. I will post a message in the Wanted varieties forum about that time about wish lists. I'll also be posting in the General Discussion forum about the MMMM swap and "rules", about the same time.

When I start compiling the master wish list, it will be posted in the general discussion forum. This is because I cannot post at Houzz (Gardenweb) since their change. Those who join the swap through Houzz, and are not members here, are able to read General Discussion threads, but not the Wanted forum.

What I need to do, fairly soon, is post a list of what are not "needed".

Such varieties as...

Black Cherry
Black From Tula
Black Krim
Cherokee Purple
Kellogg's Breakfast
Yellw Pear...

and about a half dozen more, have so many packs sent in that I can't send as many back out. Requesting the above is fine, on your wish lists, but you may want to make room on your lists for harder to locate varieties.

Also, there were about another half dozen varieties sent in bulk last year (1,000 seeds of each, or so). I won't be needing any of those varieties.

Gary
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2015   #4
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
I don't mind people posting those hard to find varieties, now. It means I can begin to compile a master wish list.

About the first of September is when most people start to make their lists. I will post a message in the Wanted varieties forum about that time about wish lists. I'll also be posting in the General Discussion forum about the MMMM swap and "rules", about the same time.

When I start compiling the master wish list, it will be posted in the general discussion forum. This is because I cannot post at Houzz (Gardenweb) since their change. Those who join the swap through Houzz, and are not members here, are able to read General Discussion threads, but not the Wanted forum.

What I need to do, fairly soon, is post a list of what are not "needed".

Such varieties as...

Black Cherry
Black From Tula
Black Krim
Cherokee Purple
Kellogg's Breakfast
Yellw Pear...

and about a half dozen more, have so many packs sent in that I can't send as many back out. Requesting the above is fine, on your wish lists, but you may want to make room on your lists for harder to locate varieties.

Also, there were about another half dozen varieties sent in bulk last year (1,000 seeds of each, or so). I won't be needing any of those varieties.

Gary
Hmm.
I am growing all of those NOT NEEDED varieties. No wonder probably most gardeners are too.

I will join in later, when the time comes.
Thanks
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2015   #5
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Today, I started fermenting a lot of Yellow Riesentraube that I plan on donating.
Also a bunch of Blush seeds.

Peppers so far Paradicsom Alaku Sarga Szentes = 0 Scoville Units
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2015   #6
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Umm, I'll happily sign up for those 'not needed' Kellog's Breakfast seeds when the time comes I could not get KB to sprout last year, so perhaps next season I can try again with seeds from another batch.

I think Black krim should be a mandatory in every tomato garden, but i'm biased
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2015   #7
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarnianGarden View Post
Umm, I'll happily sign up for those 'not needed' Kellog's Breakfast seeds when the time comes I could not get KB to sprout last year, so perhaps next season I can try again with seeds from another batch.

I think Black krim should be a mandatory in every tomato garden, but i'm biased
When you make your wish list, you may note that you'd like KB from 2 or more sources, which should help in getting this variety to germinate for you.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2015   #8
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

1.Мікадо червоний (Mikado Red from Ukraine)
2.Re Umberto
3.Ponderosa
These varieties I want to grow in 2016 (this is not a request for seeds and also not interested in exchanging, it is still enough time)

Gary, I look forward to a list of varieties what are not "needed".

Yvette, How Negro Tegurta grows you?
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2015   #9
charline
Tomatovillian™

my best tasting tomatoes until now are
White Sugar
Lithium sunset
Shapka Monomakha

if you are interested I will save seeds but Shapka Monomakha is all meat, almost no seeds... I am glad there are about 10 big maters on the plant and still flowering
Lirhium Sunset is also very productive and such a beauty!
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2015   #10
luigiwu
Tomatovillian™

I've never understood the rules and regulations of the MMMM and really want to participate so I'll just start saving seeds.