Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18, 2008   #1
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

Default county fair cuke

this is the only bacterial wilt resistant cuke that i know of. it is 1 hard mother to find! i googled it and found a few seed companies that appear to sell it.

gurnsey/thompson & morgan seem to sell it. are they the same company? based upon things i have read about thompson & morgan and their tomato seed stock/renaming varieties issues i would never buy any seed from them.

park sells it and i am working on that.

nichols is out

territorial seeds are not listing it and i bought it from them in 2006

backyardgardener.com says they sell it but i got redirected to gurney once then i got redirected to thompson & morgan and they say sold out. not even clear if this company is in washington or the uk, confusing emails with them.

reimer are a rude and snotty business - i'd never buy anything from them based upon recent emails these past couple of days!

so like does anyone grow county fair? where do you buy it? i need seed for the 2009 season but to buy 1 packet only (because these companies don't have the other 4 things i want) is killing me on s&h, much more than the seeds like 2 or 3 times the cost!

tom
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote