Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 22, 2008   #16
elkwc36
Tomatovillian™

I'm fortunate here. Can get all the mulch I want fairly easy. Just a little hauling on some of it. The local recreation department lets me have all the grass clippings I want. A co worker also tends several yards and keeps all clippings and now bringing me the leaves he picks up. Just came in from outside unloading a trailer load he brought. He parks the trailer and I just have to unload and move it. If I'm not ready to apply them I just pile them put a cover to hold them down and then add when I'm ready. These were mainly elm with a few oak. I use the loose hay from around my stacks and when I need more there is always someone with some to give away. Have a few 3-4 y/o round wheat bales to haul in this week. Should almost have enough stored now to last me through most of next season. But can't turn it down when offered.
elkwc36 is offline   Reply With Quote