Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Historical background information for varieties handed down from bygone days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2009   #1
matertoo
Tomatovillian™

Default Greetings from LA (Lower Alabama)

Recently joined, so this is my first post. First of all, I am completely blown away by the site!! Really first class.

I have been lurking for the last few days, trying to soak up all of this tomato info. My wife and I decided to plant a small garden this year (first in 30 plus years). We have managed to wind up with 24 Amelias, one Parks Whopper, one Bush Goliath, all hybrids. I managed to find one Mr. Stripy and a couple of Mountain Prides. (almost forgot-a couple of Better Boys). We now have plenty of tomatos. Also seem to have more "friends" than I can ever remember having. Go figure.

Next year, I hope to grow heirlooms from seed. Will need plenty of advice from all of matermgrowers.

Doing all of this has been challenging, to say the least, as I have been dealing with a severe case of gout in my left knee and a bone on bone situation in my right knee. I am scheduled for replacement of my right knee on August 10th.

I covet your thoughts and prayers as I face this next step. I am impatiently looking forward to completion of therapy so I can get back in the mater patch!!

Paul
matertoo is offline   Reply With Quote