Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25, 2006   #1
supergirl
Tomatovillian™

Default Black from Tula - disease resistance?

I grew a couple of blacks last year and really liked Black Krim and Paul Robeson (Black Prince, not so much.) This year, after much trolling of the boards and Carolyn's book, I settled on Black from Tula and Carbon as my blacks. Very excited to try both, since I liked the blacks so much last year.

I planted two Black from Tulas. One looked great but got girdled by some sort of fungus early on and completely wilted. It's the only plant I've pulled so far. Now the other one seems to be started on a downhill slide. I've got a little foliar droop and a few yellow spots here and there on the others, and a bit of browning on the stems where I stupidly mulched too close, but all the others are holding up OK with a couple of applications of Daconil. The 2nd Black from Tula is the only other one I think I might need to pull, just kind of going through a general decline. I'm just hoping to nurse it through, or at least to get a few of the tomatoes on it to ripen up. How have others found it to be in terms of disease?
supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote