Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25, 2012   #1
lapk78
Tomatovillian™

Default HELP!!! Are my plants doomed?!? (pics)

I've sprayed with Daconil. I've sprayed with diluted bleach. I had been adding Cal-Mag to the water for a while to help with some BER. I just recently watered with the calcium nitrate "snack" to encourage new growth. But every day there are lots of newly dead leaves and/or branches to remove. Originally, the death was occurring low on the plants, but recently it has been slowly moving up. Even some of the main stems are wilting.

To add insult to injury, Between my six plants (all in EarthTainers), I currently have over 90 green tomatoes growing (and looking good) hanging from the plants. What to do with these if the plants totally die?

Is my ailment Septoria, Fusarium, TSW, Grey Mold, Early or late Blight? All of the above? I'm pretty sure there's some mold, but the bleach spray hasn't seemed to help.

Some leaves just turn yellow. Some leaves develop "soggy-looking" tips, then eventually shrivel and dry up into a crispy dead leaves. Some leaves develop yellow spots, then die. Some leaves are freckled with tiny dark spots... then die. Even some stems main stems have spots on them. My plants are now "naked" nearly half way up. What the heck is killing my toms?

Here are some pics I took just now after pruning. The pile of dead leaves is just from today's pruning.

HELP??

-Lyle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sick plants 02.jpg (117.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg sick plants 03.jpg (112.3 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg sick plants 04.jpg (175.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg sick plants 07.jpg (89.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg sick plants 08.jpg (126.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg sick plants 11.jpg (231.2 KB, 161 views)
lapk78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blight , dead , mold , sick , wilt