Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13, 2012   #11
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Rockporter, I have had lots of problems with spinach in the past. It is very difficult to get a good stand for planting out and even more difficult when seeding them directly in the garden. I always buy two or three different varieties since one will always seem to germinate better one year than the others. It is also the seed that I get the lowest germination on of any other plant until very recently when I started using the Ultrasorb this fall.

The Ultrasorb has given me the best germination I have ever had with spinach seed. One thing that you have to do is start the seed indoors where it is as cool as possible. It seems that spinach seed sprout much better in cool conditions. I still have not set mine outside to harden off because it is still too warm. I like to wait til the days stay in the lower 70s most of the time before letting them outside.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote