Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 9, 2013   #11
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Finally charged my camera battery and so here are a bunch of photos of my DE seed starting experiment.

1st are Bermuda onions in DE. I haven't found a place for them yet in the garden.

2nd are some lettuce plants in the tops of egg cartons. They were rained on last night so they are a bit spattered with DE.

3rd are some Pappadews that were started the 6th of January. Even using Miracle Grow you get algae on the surface if it takes the seed a long time to develop and Pappadews are one of the slowest to get started.

4th and 5th are egg carton cells using only DE.

I have had absolutely no damping off this year so far and I have planted hundreds of peppers and tomatoes. I had a little with my spinach last fall because I kept them in a bottom watering tray. I don't do that anymore unless I am going to leave them outside in the sun and wind.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote