Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15, 2013   #10
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

My first confession is the fact that I have NOT read this entire long thread. Just most of the first page and this last page. So I'm sure I missed a lot.

But the subject interested me to use it as a blend in my potting mix. Actually I use the same mix for everything except huge pots.

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding about 1 part of "oil dry" to my mix of peat, perlite, and vermiculite. I also add small amounts of some more expensive stuff with Micros (the bacteria stuff not the nutrient stuff) and some molasses to keep the micros alive til the seeds have roots. Unfortunately the BX stuff isn't available in my area without a high shipping charge.

To that end while I was at Menards yesterday I found a 25 lb bag on sale for 2.99. Sale lasts til 3/17.

I thought that was a good price. Especially compared to kitty litter.

So if anyone can let me know if I'm looking at any problems due to missing info in the part of the thread I haven't read.

Thanks,
Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote