Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 28, 2013   #10
tlintx
Tomatovillian™

I'm nervous about getting on the spray train (I could theoretically be doing laundry with that bleach, you know) but it's so annoying to have a lovely plant one day, a headless stick with two leaves left the next. Would be heartbreaking to have whatever it is spread to the apparently healthy cherries near by!

So I tried the bleach spray today, once the rain stopped. If anyone is still looking, I found the 6% strength bleach at Big Lots.

Also, I am going to have the hand strength of an Olympic gymnast if I keep using a hand sprayer!

I was thinking about going out later tonight or tomorrow morning and applying a copper-mancozeb spray. Is this the next step? It's going to be cloudy for the next few days but probably won't rain again until later in the week.

Edit... darnit. It's raining again. So will I probably need to rebleach again tomorrow? It's been about an hour since I finished spraying and it's raining what would be considered "hard" in other areas of the country.

Last edited by tlintx; July 28, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
tlintx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach spray