Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20, 2014   #11
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Bill,
Question - Why the choice of the Apples and Oranges Fert as opposed to the Veggie or Texas Tomato food?
Mainly because that was all I had left of the Urban Farms fertilizers when my seedlings came up and needed a little boost. I use a lot of Apples and Oranges fertilizer because I have lemons, limes and a satsuma tree and they absolutely love the stuff. I never had but a few fruit per tree until I started using the Apples and Oranges.

I used the vegetable last year and they did good but this year they are doing even better. Last year I had all three types of fertilizer in my arsenal and from what I could tell there wasn't a huge difference in the Vegetable and the A & O so I just started using the A & O on everything at least until the tomatoes get ready to bloom then it is all TTF. I would probably have just as good a result using just the Vegetable on my citrus and I will probably try that too. I have had nothing but good things happen when using the three Urban Farms fertilizers I have tried; but the most spectacular results were with my tomatoes and citrus.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote