Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28, 2014   #11
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPOSTER View Post
Tatiana,

I'm thrilled you are doing well with this method. I was excited about the wood chips before you started this thread and am even more excited when you share your actual experiences. It's one thing to read about it in an article or see it in a film and a totally different thing when you are corresponding with somebody that is actually having success with it.

According to "Back to Eden" it is the minerals from the wood chips breaking down that are improving the taste of your crops.

Glenn

I am happy to hear that

The juiciness of tomatoes is exceptional. The drawback is when fruit is left on the vine for too long, it will crack (burst). Also, the fruits are too juicy for sauce!

The only thing that seems to be struggling a bit is broccoli. That's strange, because kale does not mind the wood chips at all, and growing huge. I think broccoli would have benefited from some nitrogen fertilizer, but I was neglecting it. Will ask Stan to give it a liquid fish and kelp on the weekend.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote