Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29, 2015   #1
FISHBONE
Tomatovillian™

Default question about fish carcass

I froze a bag of perch I caught ice fishing and was wondering how to use it in my beds. My garden soil does not need much amendments and I ususally add couple shovel fulls of miracle grow for each plant. Was thinking of thawing the carcasses (about 12 fish carcasses) in a 5 gallon bucket and using a sledge hammer to mush them than a drill spackle mixer tobreak it into a soup mix with some water. I am not concerned about critters this time of season ,, (way to early to plant) I and not tilling my beds and think the worms will benefit by pouring this fish into shallow rows using a flat pick and back filling it. The grade of my bed is slightly downhill so the fish nutrients should soak in down well enough before planting (which won't be until mid May) does this sound like a good plan? any suggestions appreciated

Last edited by FISHBONE; March 29, 2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: edit add
FISHBONE is offline   Reply With Quote