Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 24, 2015   #1
Carriehelene
Tomatovillian™

Default Aaanngt, wrong answer

So my husband buys a tumbler composter last year. Looks at the directions and pins them to the wall. Proceeds to throw some Brussels sprouts stalks in there (whole) and that's it. Faithfully turns it every day. I kept telling him he was doing it wrong. They sat in there all winter. I'm sure you know what happened. Yup, you guessed it! I opened it this spring, and there they were, looking just like they did when he put them in there. So I pulled them out and discarded them. After looking up ratios of greens and browns, I added my weeds, wood chips, etc, turned it every day. Adding stuff, watering it, opening tumbler once a week to stir it up good. He's been watching me do this all this time. So last night he wanders over when I'm stirring it up, peers in, and says "hey, that looks awesome, I'm going to put it around my". "Aaanngt, wrong answer." I told him. Paws off my compost. He grows his peas, Brussels sprouts, corn, some tomatoes he stole from me lol, and some cucumbers in his area of the garden. I grow everything else. Back away from my compost buddy, and nobody will get hurt
Carriehelene is offline   Reply With Quote