Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3, 2015   #1
CharlesM
Tomatovillian™

Default Bits & Pieces: A Garden Tale

Heretofore, prior to the year 2015, history records that there have been two previous attempts at gardening by yours truly. No records remain of those ill-fated voyages beneath the tomato leaf, only a bare handful of faint memories that had taken refuge in taste buds that continue to age along with the rest of me.

Actually, the first 'garden,' such as it was, didn't fare all that poorly. It yielded up a bounty of tomatoes, a skew of peppers, and a handful of squash.

And the second endeavor a few years later? Honestly, I don't remember. It wasn't an undertaking that warranted memories being wasted upon it.

Which brings us all to this year, the Garden of 2015 - the Garden that grew its way onto Facebook, and eventually even to the distant Internet locale that is Tomatoville.

In Tomatoville, they speak tomato. In comparison, my meager attempt at creating a garden anew merely gurgles in a state of relative garden infancy.

Be that as it may, while I'm running short on tomato stakes, my garden stakes a claim to a small plot here in the gardening forum that is Tomatoville.

To the lost who or to the casual wanderer that happen upon this thread, you now bear witness to the fate of a garden that is built upon a foundation of bits and pieces of knowledge gathered like driftwood that washed upon the shore of my Internet connection.

As I was late to getting a start on this year's garden, a full couple of months past most, likewise I am late in getting a thread started here in Tomatoville to share my garden's progress with those who fancy such timid undertakings.

What better place to start, then, than today? Without further adieu, here's a glimpse at Charles' Garden 2015.

Then again, having resized a folder of photos, when I went to use the attach feature, it appears that the images are all too large for Tomatoville's image settings.

So, text for now, and I'll add a few photos, as time and opportunity allow.
CharlesM is offline   Reply With Quote