Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 4, 2015   #1
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Default Drip Irrigation for a newbie.

Right forum?Feel free to move,just leave me a redirect maybe?

Ok.I'd like to try drip irrigation maybe.Are there tutorials somewhere that a 5yr old could understand? Maybe I should have tried a search on youboob first.

I understand that there are emitters (see I DO know something lol) that can be cleaned,so I would want those.Are there decent kits available online maybe that could be expanded later?I've seen kits on Ebay,but I have no experience to draw upon to make a wise purchase.I'd hate to buy a kit that had lots of useless pieces included,so if anyone would care to share some experience,feel free.

Some kits are probably (maybe) better than others (value wise)? I read in another thread that 1/2" line from one manufacturer might not be the same 1/2" as another manufacturer uses? (sounds like the Philippines)Lol

I am on a well.The water is pretty hard,and builds up a lot of mineral deposits,don't know that there is much I can do about that tho.I am guessing that with a kit,it won't have a pressure regulator or screen included,so that would be extra?

Thx.

Trop

Last edited by Tropicalgrower; August 4, 2015 at 03:01 AM.
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote