Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 12, 2015   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default Too much rain

So far starting a fall garden has been a big bust. Squirrels ate all my cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprout plants that I had ready to set out. I already had a really good stand of young mustard greens but then we got over 10 inches of rain last week and they just turned yellow. I guess that much rain must have leached all the nitrogen out or rotted the roots. Everything is just too wet to mess with. I would like to clear another bed and restart some greens and a few rows of carrots but the soil even in my raised beds is just muck right now. I have lettuce started that should be big enough to set out in a week or so if I can get a place ready for them by then. My spinach got washed out of the cups a few nights ago so I will have to restart it also.

I guess a good fall garden just wasn't in the cards for me this year. I'm still getting a few tomatoes and bell peppers but that is about it.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote