Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 29, 2016   #1
yelnic
Tomatovillian™

Default Phosphorus or disease?

Hi Everyone.
I have been away from home for over 3 weeks and came home to a few sad looking tomato plants. A neighbor has been kind enough to water them every few days while I have been away but I cant seem to figure out what is wrong with them.

The plants that seem to have the most issues are the Celebrity tomatoes. They look purplish/yellow and just sick. My Early Girl & Wild Fred look great! I figured the leaves got curled due to the aphids I found on them which have now been taken care of. But the purple/yellow leaves are throwing me off. I was thinking phosphorus problems. Hit them with some Miracle Gro Tomato plant food 18-18-21 and a tablespoon of Epsom salt 4 days ago and they look the same.

The weather in this area of Santa Monica, CA has been upper 60s day / 50s night for the last month.

Any idea on what I can do? Should I keep giving them this Miracle gro weekly? Or get some sort of high phosphorus stuff?
(bonus points if you can tell me why the tips of my peppers are curled like a candy cane.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (385.9 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (279.8 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (345.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (469.1 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (404.2 KB, 218 views)
yelnic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
container , purple , yellow