Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3, 2016   #1
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Default novice canning question

I canned 7 jars of plum puree, and had 4 jars left over. Then the next day, I discovered more plums in the refrigerator, so I made more plum puree and put it in clean jars with lids, so that I could can it later when I had more time. I now have enough jars for another boiling-water bath session. It's all in the refrigerator, but it's probably more than we can use soon.

The question is, if I want to can the rest of the plum puree, do I have to empty and wash the jars, reheat the puree, and put it back in the jars, OR can I simply warm up the jars as is (so that I'm not putting them directly from cold fridge into boiling water) and resume canning?

(I'm looking for a quick yes or no, but I will also look this up on a canning site. Later.)
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote