Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 27, 2016   #11
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistech View Post
Raygun you seem to be forgetting the capital investment made in the lathe and tooling. Most shops get $100.00 plus an hour for machine time. You would be getting a product that you can't buy anywhere else. I think $10.00 plus shipping would be a fair price.
That is what I was thinking.

I had a friend that taught me a very good lesson on welding and work.
He wouldn't start his TIG up for less than about $70.00 then it was 35 dollars an hour after that.
He showed me how to TIG weld and he worked in a machine shop.
When I bought my TIG welder I had so called good friends crawling out of the wood work.
One bought me the regulators and the argon tank for the work I did for him.
Others wanted a free ride.

What I am asking here is for a few people to try this and see how they like it.'
Then in turn give an honest review of it here so people will know.
Once this is done I can make jigs so they are all exactly the same even though some of these variations from one to the next dont add up to a hill of beans.

Right now all I am asking is compensation for the shipping and a complementary gift so to speak ((after)) the use of it.
I think that is only fair for me and the person that will be using it.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote