Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 26, 2016   #28
Scooty
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Imp, grow them both. There are no disappointments in either. Grow the Sungold and Big Orange Voluneer and also grow the Plan 9 From Outer Space. Those cherry tomatoes have great staying power on the vine, so make sue you wait until they are a beautiful light orange color all over. Plan 9 will show stripes when green and then ripen to a deep yellow with red/pink stripes and some orange tinges. Taste is superb and it will put out a bunch of fruit.

Scooty, if you run out of Sungolds or my Big Orange Volunteer, come by the house and I'll let you pick a few gallons - no charge.
TYVM for the offer! The Sun Gold volunteers are keeping me busy this year along with the dozen or so grafting experiments. So much bleh to taste through to find a decent one OP Sun Gold. It's like this every year. The good thing about your seed is that you've done all that work for others.
Scooty is offline   Reply With Quote