Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 15, 2016   #11
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Let me see, cat vs coyote, I bet the coyote had a tasty if a bit furry meal.

I can see that cat now, whiskers twitching, thinking "I got my teeth in it, did I bite off more than I can chew?"

The table of the tablesaw is now clean and has a coat of car polish to prevent re-rusting just in case moisture gets too high. I have to clean out the grooves for the miter which will take a piece of fine sand paper and a small wire brush. Next order of business is to clean the trunions, carriage, and arbor. The bearings are in excellent shape, much better than my old saw. I decided to do something about that so I ordered a pair of new bearings which will be put on the old tablesaw tomorrow.

As for worth with his bee powered flying wood lathe, I suspect he will give up on the idea of putting bees in those boxes in a hurry. In fact, a couple of drawers would make them into excellent storage space for lathe tools. If he puts 4 wheels under them, the lathe will be portable.

Quote:
"He who has a library and a garden wants for nothing." -Cicero
He who has a woman truly wants for nothing. He has the best incentive in the world to spend time in his library and his garden. If he also has a workshop, he might just be the happiest man on earth.

Last edited by Fusion_power; September 15, 2016 at 08:25 PM.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote