Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 24, 2016   #1
schill93
Tomatovillian™

Default Bought out Lowes Seeds

I was in Lowes last night for some seedling mix, and as I walked into the nursery, I saw a Sale sign up by the seed racks (2016 vegetables and flowers) at a great discount. So I started the hunt. After spending about an hour or so picking out seeds, I decided I should ask the manager of the department if she would make me a very reasonable deal for the whole shebang. To my surprise she did and the cost (don't ask me how much) she said she would take I could not refuse.

I know that a couple of large organizations in Florida are starting community gardens for the people in group homes there, as I was speaking to them about it. So in the back of my head I had this planned for an outlet, as I know they need all the financial help they can get.

So the long and the short of it is I probably have about 1000 packages of various Ferry-Morse vegetables, herb, tomatoes both Organic and regular. Then the manager decided what the heck and threw in all the flower packages too. (estimating maybe 300 packages)

I have been trying to inventory all of it, but it is confusing and very time consuming and with Christmas in a couple of days, I don't have time to post a huge list of what I have until after the Holidays.

However there are a few types of heirloom tomatoes I would like to get if possible from people who have seed, so if I take the time to post a very long inventory list, do you think there would be any takers? On tomatoes and peppers, I'd offer two packages for my one, and on the other vegetables, I'd offer 3 packages to my one you sent me. Or if you prefer to just ask me if I have certain things, that would be fine too.
schill93 is offline   Reply With Quote