Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6, 2017   #11
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

I don't really consider a change in federal policy regarding the enforcement of laws directly relating to the subject at hand to be political discussion requiring a warning that I "watch it" with the political discussion. Especially from someone who just got done complaining about Congress and worthless laws and giving his opinion on the administrations enforcement of the law, which I find more political that anything I said, which was actually just passing along something our current president said about the topic at hand.

I will say, regarding "big Pharma" and MJ, as a nurse, if I offered someone marijuana instead of morphine for severe post op pain, I can imagine they would not be very happy. But if that is what you would want and it is legal in your state, please make your preferences known. Even if they don't have it, they might let you have it brought in as a medical MJ prescription. I will opt for the opiates personally. So maybe there are actually legitimate uses for it other than "Big Pharma" trying to create addicts for a guaranteed revenue stream. Certainly the people going to MDs and hospitals demanding drugs and demanding they be kept pain free at all times, regardless of how much teaching they are given about how bad long term narcotic use is for them, has little bearing on the number of addicts. The recent expectation that everything should be cured with a pill and the doctor shopping that goes on until they find someone who will give them a pill, whether an antibiotic or a narcotic, is epidemic. I don't care who uses MJ or for what reason as long as they don't drive or do anything to endanger others while stoned. But I gave it to caner patients in pill form in the 1980s and it was useless. Hopefully, it will offer better results in states that allow it to be used legally for medicinal purposes. But it certainly is not a new use. It just didn't work in the form I administered it. If, however, the federal government starts prosecuting people who distribute it, I will not jeopardize my job or licence to use it or give it to anyone.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote