Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 14, 2017   #14
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I agree Ted. I think it is a combination of everything written so far. As a child, I heard DDT meant "Dead Ducks Tomorrow".

We have the marmorated stink bugs and Asian Lady Beetles here in our garden. I have little doubt that global trading is how they got here.

As for pollution, one of biggest questions is how having millions of fuel burning vehicles out on the roads is 'really' effecting the world around us. If we pollute the air - doesn't it also eventually pollute our soil causing ill effects?
Not near as much as the container ships coming across our oceans belching out black smoke as they go.
I have seen way too many that looked like a tire fire using the absolute worst fuel oil you can find.
Yes some companies have state of the art ships but most aren't.
Look at it this way one of those ships loaded with so called non polluting cars combined will belch out more pollution than the cars will in their life time.
This isn't even considering the pollution involved over there to make them.

This is the so called "not in my backyard" scenario, as long as we dont directly see it or do it then it is okay.
Not me, I try to think about everything I buy and how it effects the world and the people that live in it.
I cant always do it but I try to look at things farther than my own back yard.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote