Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16, 2019   #11
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
Once the gravy is made any seafood goes great in there. I like the sweetness the shrimp gives it.

I could have added a lot of shrimp to the pot, but I never thought to do it. It would have been good but we kept the pot cooking for two or three hours each night. We just kept adding fish to the pot and using the shrimp to catch the fish. The shrimp would have been over cooked after that much time. My friend always brought a big plastic container of cooked rice. The rice container and the coubion pot were empty at about the same time each night.

Speckled trout was really good in the pot, but it would fall apart pretty quickly. A lot of people liked the redfish. I've never been a fan of redfish except blackened. Those were good times with a lot of good eating. We could have been catching a lot of blue crab for the pot, but we never did try.

Last edited by DonDuck; July 16, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote