Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 15, 2020   #1
lapk78
Tomatovillian™

Default Help ID-ing, recommendations?

In just over a few days my seemingly very healthy plants (Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, Chef's Choice Orange, Candyland Currant) all started turning yellow, limp, and decaying leaves. The fruit still seems fine however. The plants are nearly 9 feet tall, and today I removed nearly all leaves from the bottom 3 to 4 feet.

I had a lot of thrips many weeks ago, but got them under control with a few treatments of Spinosad. I have been fertilizing regularly (TTF) and watering consistently (I think). Since most are cherry tomatoes, I have not been removing suckers at all. But, (for a while...) I was pruning for air flow... but that eventually got away from me. Even the newest growth/suckers towards the bottom of the plants were exhibiting the wilting and shriveling.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is ailing my plants? Any recommendations. It's getting into triple digits now in South Texas, and if these are doomed, I guess I don't mind pulling these and planting a new crop if that's what needed. TIA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200614_160531.jpg (175.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 20200614_161440.jpg (157.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 20200614_161801.jpg (89.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 20200614_170602.jpg (97.8 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by lapk78; June 15, 2020 at 04:18 AM.
lapk78 is offline   Reply With Quote