Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3, 2021   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Micro Tomato Rehab Day

The micro tomatoes that were started in December have gotten long in the tooth and unwieldy. They have been living in cottage cheese containers and they've outgrown them. Their shoes are way too tight!

This afternoon was a good time to deal with it. Two of the six got tossed out entirely. The rest got repotted to larger pots. They also got big haircuts which, in a few cases, meant cutting off trusses of green cherries but they had to go to balance out the plants again. One leaning at a 45 degree angle got repotted straight up. They’re all now half the size they were. Fix it time!

Left to right: Gelbe Topftomate, Pinocchio Orange, Joshalos and Birdie Rouge

Chibikko on the left, Groovey Tunes on the right. Thanks to Ellie's plant description, Chibikko has been in a two gallon pot from the beginning and I'm glad for it. It's covered with flowers right now. I still think those tomatoes have a strange taste.

They've been producing for a while now and have slowed down a lot. They're determinates but I think they might have another round or two left in them. They'll get the chance.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote