Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21, 2021   #11
D.J. Wolf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
There, it is fixed, more-or-less. The only issue is that I lost quite a bit of resolution. I have run into this issue many times. The forum software appears to take the long axis of a photo and make it the horizontal (and the short axis becomes the vertical). That makes sense, because our monitors are scaled that way. If you just rotate the picture (in Windows 10), then it still comes out on it's side. I did download IrfanView (nice program, BTW), and rotated the picture, but still came out on its side. The way that I fixed this was to change the "canvas" size by adding 400 pixels to both the left and right sides. That made the picture wider than tall, so the forum software didn't change it. But IrfanView changed the pixels of the picture making it less sharp. The best answer that I see is to take the picture in "landscape" mode. Or maybe, I can change the setting on my phone.
It may be the size of your photo to start with. If you resize with IrfanView to 800*600 (or viceversa whichever it is) then the photo should post correctly here