Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old June 10, 2010   #1
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Default Mystery TPS from Medbury Gardens

I got Medbury Gardens' "mystery" TPS in the mail Monday the 7 June, and I will probably sow them in December or January along with some of Durgan's and Tom Wagner's remaining.
GunnarSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2010   #2
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Great to see they got there in the end,its fascinating the time differences sending seed around the world,for me seed to the US is quicker than sending to Australia which is only two hours by plane.
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2010   #3
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

I also will wait til next season too. I sowed 15 seeds in a container outdoors but the weather have been too wet and died before I noticed . So next winter that would be my little project
Old June 11, 2010   #4
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

gosh darnoodley ive got to wait another year to see how they turn out

gosh darnoodley????how did that get there???i didn't type that
Old July 21, 2010   #5
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmontanez View Post
I also will wait til next season too. I sowed 15 seeds in a container outdoors but the weather have been too wet and died before I noticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wagner
Between now and the last week of August is a good time to grow mini plants in small pots and allow them to tuberize. Even if the potato tubers are as small as milo seed or the size of eggs, these keep well over the winter to plant whole next spring. I will be starting lots of seedlings myself soon. Tubers harvested in November will keep well enough for the few months before planting.
Last week I sowed two batches of TPS in a tray outside:
Medbury Mystery F2 12 July
Lump o' Gold x Tom Kaiglin F1 from Tom Wagner 17 July

I ought to have some TPS left from Medbury Gardens, but I don't know exactly where after my wife made some major cleaning of my desk. I certainly still have some of Tom Wagner's crosses, and the next sowing will be in December/January inside.
Old July 21, 2010   #6
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarSK View Post
Last week I sowed two batches of TPS in a tray outside:
Medbury Mystery F2 12 July
Lump o' Gold x Tom Kaiglin F1 from Tom Wagner 17 July

I ought to have some TPS left from Medbury Gardens, but I don't know exactly where after my wife made some major cleaning of my desk. I certainly still have some of Tom Wagner's crosses, and the next sowing will be in December/January inside.
oh dear, and i dont have any more that i can send you till the after coming season.
Old July 22, 2010   #7
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medbury Gardens View Post
oh dear, and i dont have any more that i can send you till the after coming season.
I hope they will sprout, and I may also find the remaining TPS and sow them later (for some reason sprouting seems to be most consistant when sowing in winter/early spring along with peppers and tomatoes, which require constant surveillance). Of course if everything else fails, I will beg you for new seeds next year, and I can send you my tomato list in a PM, and you can also get other seeds (eg. carrots or cucumbers) if it's legal.
Old July 22, 2010   #8
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarSK View Post
I can send you my tomato list in a PM, and you can also get other seeds (eg. carrots or cucumbers) if it's legal.
New Zealand customs normally ok with letting veggie seeds in,its our neighour over the other side of the ditch,(Australia)that wont let very little through.