Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old August 25, 2007   #16
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the info, Jay.
Old August 26, 2007   #17
Adenn1
Tomatovillian™

Michele:

I believe it took nearly four weeks for my seeds to arrive. Everything I purchased came true...so no problems there. I will continue to buy seeds from them...but I will place my order very early.

I believe they have great prices and good seed...and for a small family operated business...I can live the the slow processing. I was late placing my order last year and I should have known better.
Old August 27, 2007   #18
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Okay, Mark. Thanks.
Old June 22, 2009   #19
bluelacedredhead
Tomatovillian™

I was gifted some seeds from Heirloom Acres, so I can't comment on Orders or Shipping, but I just wanted to add my two cents worth.

I was sent Lutz beets and Early Purple Sprouting Broccoli. Both had excellent germination rates, and this was with seed packed for the 2008 season, which I am growing in 2009. Yes, I properly stored them in cold storage, etc...but I just thought I would mention that as well.

Obviously, they sell a quality product.
bluelacedredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2009   #20
mmcd75
Tomatovillian™

Do not order from this company unless you want to be out money. I placed my 88.00 order back in February, I received 3/4 of the order on March 16th with everything else being back ordered. Waited a few weeks but I never heard anything so I started emailing and faxing them with no response. Eventually I emailed and asked that they refund the remaining items which would have amounted to 20.15, still no response so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Missouri. They also did not receive a response. Finally just 2 days ago on the 22nd of June I spoke with an investigator from the Better Buisness Bureau who stating that he met with the owners of Heirloom Acres Seeds and was told that they were just overwhelmed with all of the orders they received. He said that the local media was going to be getting a press release regarding issues with this company. I am still out the 20.15 but from reading the comments at Dave's Garden I guess I am lucky because I got 3/4 of my things.
mmcd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2009   #21
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

I have ordered several times from Kirk at Heirloom Acres - my only complaint was that he ran out of a choice and just did a substitute - wish he would have asked or at least let me return them for something else
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2009   #22
darwinslair
Tomatovillian™

I order a few things in bulk from them. With the prices they have (being I can buy a half pound of many things at the cost of a small packet elsewhere) I have found that the lost orders, (follow up with them) and out of stock items are a bearable price for doing business with them.

As a note: only do internet orders and do not mail checks. I tried twice and had them "lost" but the internet orders have all been confirmed.

Tom
darwinslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2010   #23
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

I was shorted and automatically substituted on 2 other varieties - which I wouldn't have ordered - and this was 2009 season - last week I received a check for the refund on the shorted plant I had given up on

Otherwise you must order early - make a note NO SUBSTITUTIONS - pleased with seed but service needs improvement

Another company Heirloom Seeds is even worse for delivery - will probably never order from them again
Dennis
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2010   #24
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Very slow for sure. I placed and paid for an order last September. Got confirmation in January 2010 that they were finally shipping my order.
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2010   #25
stargazer943
Tomatovillian™

I placed an order in late May and finally recieved it yesterday minus 3 packs of seeds. I emailed 4 times and found there facebook page and put a review on there and finally got an email back saying they were waiting on my seeds and would ship what they have. I hope I do get the other 3, my 9 year old really wanted the thumbelina carrots and I wanted the Riesenstraube tomatoes! (Really wanted to try some for fall tomatoes, but Oh well now!) Just glad to at least get the rest I guess after reading reviews on Dave's Garden...
stargazer943 is offline   Reply With Quote