Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Old October 21, 2012   #1
rmw001
Tomatovillian™

Default Spring Gardener Gable Greenhouse?

Has anyone ever used this brand of portable greenhouse? I saw one at a big box store and to me it looked pretty good for the price. I am interested in the 8x10 or 10x20 size. Also have been looking at the Shelter logic portable greenhouse - but have never see one except online. Both are about the same price. Opinions appreciated.
rmw001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2012   #2
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Is this the one you are looking at
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ShelterLog...ndingMethod=rr

Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2012   #3
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

I bought a Spring Gardener Gable gh (8x10) this past season and liked it so much better than my previous 2 Shelter Logic (10 x 10 and 10 x 20). The 10 x 20 Shelter Logic had one door and a back window which didn't provide hardly any ventilation at all. Go with the Spring Gardener which has 2 doors and windows that roll up.
Sue B.
akgardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2012   #4
rmw001
Tomatovillian™

Yes Richard that is the Shelterlogic I am looking at. I have used their 12x30 canopy to cover a boat and was fairly pleased with it. Sue B thank you for your insight and the ventelation is an excellent point - prob will go with Spring Gardner when I buy one. The price is attractive and frankly doubt when the dust settles I could build one as reasonably as the Spring Gardner's price. Wanting to have a jump on next spring. Thank you both. Robert
rmw001 is offline   Reply With Quote