Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 27, 2015   #1
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Default What's my name?

I have seed of what came labeled as :

Mini c�©rise blanc

with the description of :

An interesting and fun tomato with a ghostly color, ripening to an off white-cream, with subtle tones of pink. These large-sized cherry tomatos also have a slight fuzziness, adding to their fun appearance. Fruits have a good, sweet flavor with ample juice
Height: 175 cm.

The person who orginally received the seed may not have been able to read the persons hand writing which would account for the funky letters in the name.

I looked up Mini cerise white, but all I saw was some mention to a Mini Orange Cerise.

Anybody happen to know if Mini Cerise White is my name or not and any info on it would be appreciated.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2015   #2
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
I have seed of what came labeled as :

Mini c�©rise blanc

with the description of :

An interesting and fun tomato with a ghostly color, ripening to an off white-cream, with subtle tones of pink. These large-sized cherry tomatos also have a slight fuzziness, adding to their fun appearance. Fruits have a good, sweet flavor with ample juice
Height: 175 cm.

The person who orginally received the seed may not have been able to read the persons hand writing which would account for the funky letters in the name.

I looked up Mini cerise white, but all I saw was some mention to a Mini Orange Cerise.

Anybody happen to know if Mini Cerise White is my name or not and any info on it would be appreciated.
Cerise is French for cherry. So it looks like Small White Cherry
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2015   #3
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Hi Starlight. Search "graines tomate cerise `white cherry´", and you'll find a bunch of French web sites with it.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2015   #4
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

By the way: "graines" are seeds.
Old March 28, 2015   #5
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much for the help!

I think I am going to start learning French one word at a time. Learning that cerise means cherry and graines means seeds reminds me of a few years back when I had received some tomato seeds and was offering to share them and none of us could find
any information on them. I didn't realize that I had copied the French word for tomato .

Steve... Your an enabler besides being a help. I found the seed I had and then spent hours looking at all the other offerings and making a list of others I now think I need to have.
Old March 29, 2015   #6
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Ain't it the truth! That's the danger of delving. One thing leads to another, and before you know it you have seeds enough for years. I have room for 18 plants, seeds for more than twice as many varieties, and a "short" list of around 70 varieties. And I'm only in my second year of growing tomatoes.

Steve
Old March 29, 2015   #7
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

It's also possible that the original seed was in another type of alphabet like Cyrillic. If you ever get something in another script, your computer will just give you gibberish like that with mostly symbols.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2015   #8
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Carol. That is good information to know for somebody like me who is not very computer savy. I appreciate it. : )