Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 7, 2015   #16
a sunny day
Tomatovillian™

I mentioned my two Sakharnyi Pudovichok plants back in December last year. They were very early for such a large tomato. Actually they are still going now, but to a much lesser degree. They mostly flattened out a bit in appearance since those earlier picture and were less pleated...

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=34254

The seed originated from J&L Gardens. They weren't really sweet but really nice tasting. We have a friend who lives in a shaded valley and has difficulty growing tomatoes and so I gave him some back in late December (that's pretty early here for tomatoes to be ripe, even the small one). Well he still raves about how tasty those tomatoes were every time we see him.
a sunny day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2015   #17
UFXEFU
Tomatovillian™

My first time to grow it, got my seed thanks to ginger2778. Saw first bloom on one of my plants today. Planted in ground April 4, plants are 11 weeks old. This may be my earliest tomatoe, if they don't drown from all this rain we have had this year.
UFXEFU is offline   Reply With Quote