Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 7, 2015   #1
Lindalana
Tomatovillian™

Default Strange races of growing

So until this year it was always- first plant to have flowers, biggest plant to mature seems got identified at early stage, by the time seedlings got planted out I had a good idea which one going to be a winner etc.
This year it is really strange- plants that bloomed first still have greenies, plants that were most robust as seedlings stalling now, plants that were nothing special suddenly coming first to finish first blush stage.
I had Pearly pink orange set first blooms, Donskoi was biggest most robust seedling, overtaking even Brandy Boy/ my one and only hybrid/ , then Red Ruffles went into heaviest bloom and now- first blush is on Indische Fleisch? Huh?
Lindalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2015   #2
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

I think it could be due to cold early on. They attempted , tested the waters and failed. By the time it warmed up, the mid season varieties jumped right in, just on tome.

It has happened to my Siletz, Legend, Willamette too. Just My Thinking..

Gardeneer
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote