Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 22, 2015   #16
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana is not offering Sugar Pounder this year. So I will wait for a seed offer, hint hint, or order from Casey's if he still has. Ted, that's just amazing, 86 varieties, wow! I started seed for 28 and only grew 17, and feel overwhelmed. I keep dropping the numbers down, but I still love to start seed for many and give them away.
Cane, what is the flavor like of Sugary Yellow? I'm trying to find something like Aunt Gertie''s Gold without the heartache and frustration of low production and disease susceptibility. I know taste is subjective.
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #17
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Ted-Thanks for the photo and especially for the description of how you perceive the taste.
I have it on deck for next year!
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #18
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRossy View Post
TED, I just have to add, your description sounds like a fine wine!
Marsha, can't wait to hear about your seed offer! I have yet to have one tomato ripen and I'm already onto 2016!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Thanks, Sharon. It'll be a while longer before I can put together a seed offer. I have more than two dozen varieties in various stages of fermentation/drying. I grew 86 varieties this year. You can see that there is a lot more to come from the garden before a list can be completed.
Ted, are you putting up a seed offer too? I know she was asking about mine in the post above, but inquiring minds want to know, yes we do!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #19
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Marsha, in the past, I've stayed in the background and tried not to step on the fun that others who do giveaways enjoy. But, this year, I may have a few that will not be otherwise offered. So, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but will try to offer some that are not on the other lists. I may offer some of the seeds from "The Belmonster".

If you make your annual offer, and demand runs you low on a variety, perhaps I can help. Let me know if that's okay with you. It's offered if you need it.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #20
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

I'm also growing Sahkarnyi Pudovichok this year! I planted late so I don't have any ripe ones yet. I'm hoping to have lots to eat, share, and save seeds from.

(In fact, I've picked exactly one tomato from (gulp) almost 80 plants: Orange Caprese. Haven't tried it yet -- waiting until it's fully ripe.)
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #21
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Marsha, in the past, I've stayed in the background and tried not to step on the fun that others who do giveaways enjoy. But, this year, I may have a few that will not be otherwise offered. So, I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but will try to offer some that are not on the other lists. I may offer some of the seeds from "The Belmonster".

If you make your annual offer, and demand runs you low on a variety, perhaps I can help. Let me know if that's okay with you. It's offered if you need it.
That sounds fantastic. You heard it here first, folks! LOL.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2015   #22
Canehdian
Tomatovillian™

Sharon, the Sugary Yellow gets more like an apricot colour the more it ripens, so its not really citron-ey like Lemon boy or some other yellows. And its not sweet/fruity like some orange ones either. It's really a regular, somewhat assertive tomato tatse. Jeff describes it as "quite bold", but I probably wouldn't go that far.
Canehdian is offline   Reply With Quote