Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!
|
|
April 25, 2018 | #1 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Condiments, sauces, and spice blends...
During the last 5, (FIVE!), snow storms, I tried a few new condiments to add
to the usual list... Pickled mustard seed, pickled shiitake mushrooms, and Chili Oil. Made some new spice blends, a paprika, etc, and a killer 'ketchup' we call 'flavor bombs' that I keep in the freezer... (I'll get to the recipes tonight)...weather has finally turned to resemble Spring so we have been outside all last weekend... |
April 26, 2018 | #2 |
Tomatovillian™
|
The original recipe comes from Momofuku. A cup makes quite a bit so I first cut it in half.
Then adjusted to 1/3rd cup, tbsp dark brown sugar, 1/3rd cup AC vinegar. I started soaking my seed in hot water for an hour. They should swell to over double the amount. Black rubber band is dry seed. I added a splash of ACvinegar and hot water. In a saucepan on very low heat add the seed, brown sugar and vinegar. I use less sugar since I like just a mild sweet. |
April 26, 2018 | #3 |
Tomatovillian™
|
This seed is from MountainRoseHerb. I have an order in check-out for seed and some
ground peppers, lamb casing for making some sausages from Butcher & Packer... http://www.butcher-packer.com/index....ath=32_135_157 Their mustard seed is 2.90 a pound. Great price. |
April 30, 2018 | #4 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I wish I could find lamb casings.
Worth |
|
|