Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 24, 2019   #1
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Default TC Jones

This is a yellow (not gold) heirloom from Kentucky I got from SESE. It has a red/pink blush on the blossom end. It's around 8 ounces. I have only picked one but there was no cracking and skin was thin. I tried the first one this morning and I really liked it. I was hoping I would because I have a lot more on the plants. The heat wave we've had over the last few weeks has shut most of my tomatoes down but oddly, this one has set a lot new fruit with daytime temps around 100 and lows around 80 degrees. The flavor is balanced--sweet with some good zing. I think this one will be back next year. Wish I'd taken a picture before I ate it but there are several pictures around if you just Google TC Jones. Anyone else growing this one?
Old July 28, 2019   #2
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

TCJones has been a long time favorite for many reasons. It is super productive every season. The fruit are large, meaty and have great flavor. Beautiful color and looks great sliced on a platter of fresh tomatoes.
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2019   #3
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Glad to read that it's a consistent performer. Thank you!