Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 23, 2012   #271
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Wow. same old same old. Post number 632 for those who dont have the time to read it all is an especially good description of Pepper Joes self serving antics.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2012   #272
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for posting a starting point. I read up through his reply to Smokemaster. I've had dealings with Smokemaster and I can say he is a good guy.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #273
Alpinejs
Tomatovillian™

Location: Alpine, Calif. in winter. Sandpoint Lake, Ont. Canada summers

I just can't let the following quote about Tatania's website slide......

"We've looked at your website this year and last year.
It is so sad. It looks extremely boring and tired.
Let us know if we can help you to add more excitement and creativity to your website.
Penny and Joe"

I am in my fifth year of heirloom addiction. I send tomato seeds with most of my Christmas
cards and include a letter describing the varieties, giving seedling planting instructions
and planting out suggestions. In every letter, I link to Tomatoville and Tatania's website
for those choosing to learn more about heirloom tomatoes and growing such. "Boring
and tired"??? Give me a break!!! I spend more time on those two sites than I do with
my wife (for which she is thankful). I call them the old and new testaments of heirloom
tomato growing. I would include the "Dead sea scrolls of Tomatoes" (Carolyn's book but I
can't afford her $500 price)

Actually, I don't come here for laughs, but that quote just totally cracked me up. I haven't
laughed out loud that much since watching Stan Laurel in the old silent movies.

Oh, BTW, I had never even heard of Penny or Joe till they started insulting those two
websites. LOL. I guess they must be boring and tired.
Alpinejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #274
kurt
Tomatovillian™

I wonder how many other website reviews(reviewers)are fake out there. Eventually since this awareness of the false claims, false reviews, doctored fake images will get into the hands of the right regulatory authority and something will get done to stop them from laughing on the way to the bank. I wonder how it feels to know that a lot of people out there know that the sites and owners are fakes, "snake oil salesmen" and a whole litany of other accusations posted on numerous forums. When I go to sleep at night I know when I wake up I am the same honest person with integrity and pride from the day before. Really sad to have a "stigma "attached to your identity for the rest of your life. As I said before "Once you peel back a onion the smellier it gets".

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/governments.php

Last edited by kurt; December 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #275
dice
Tomatovillian™

Fake reviews: theory, practice, and experience:
http://www.cs.uic.edu/~liub/FBS/fake-reviews.html
Old December 24, 2012   #276
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Interesting link.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #277
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Dice, thank you for posting the link, it is very interesting (but also so disturbing and sad to read about fake review frauds).

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #278
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012   #279
jack03111969
Tomatovillian™

i was gonna order some seeds from pepper joe but after doing my reserch i found a few places that sell the same seeds for 50 to 75% cheaper. i got some ghost pepper seeds from the sample seed shop for 2 bucks like 20 seeds. well at pepper joes he wants 8 bucks for 10 seeds. and last week i planted 6 seeds and 5 have sprouted. to me joe is just an over priced car salesman.................
jack03111969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012   #280
KGolden209
Tomatovillian™

There is no doubt that this has become a personal thread. Perhaps the involved parties should move this to a priviate arena?

Like couples, I don't need to know what happens 'behind closed doors'.

Karen
KGolden209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012   #281
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGolden209 View Post
There is no doubt that this has become a personal thread. Perhaps the involved parties should move this to a priviate arena?

Karen
Well Karen,
Once upon a time, I actually had that same thought myself. However, I have done some thinking about the issue a lot, even if I only posted a couple times.

When you boil it all down to its most basic issue, what is going on is a problem with unethical advertising. I haven't heard anyone yet complain of any other issues from them like their seeds don't grow...etc...

Since the main issue is unethical advertising, which is by its very nature public, then anyone taking them to task for their unethical advertising must be public as well.

So I changed my mind on the issue. At this point really what needs to happen in my honest opinion, Penny and Joe stop the unethical advertising and post a public apology. Once that happens, I would again agree with you. At that point you actually could let people handle it behind closed doors.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012   #282
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Karen - If a thread contains more than you want to know, dont open it again.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2012   #283
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:57 AM
Hey millman! Got two of these threads going eh? You lucky bastage.

I started at page one, got to about page nine then skipped to page 32. Only thing that has change is nobody is complaining about the cost anymore. Nothing changed about the pepper.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read/seen concerning peppers. The pictures that Joe posted of the different colored/shaped pods on the same plant was hilarious! I wonder if the originator of the Reaper knows Joe is posting those pics. If that was the Reaper I wouldn't admit to having anything to do with it. As for Mr Currie I know very little of him. I did see where Joe said something about Currie asking about pod differences and mentioning if anyone had ever grown the Primo or another pepper type that they would realize that there is a lot of differences in pods on a lot of superhots. I've grown the Primo many times and it's always produced the exact same looking pods with little variability. My opinion on this whole matter is Mr Currie is probably a very honorable, simple man with a passion for growing peppers. I think his only mistake with this was enlisting the help of the Master of Ceremonies Mr PepperJoe. That man has to be a direct descendant of P.T. Barnum himself.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34176-hp22b/page__st__680
Old December 26, 2012   #284
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGolden209 View Post

Karen
And you joined just to post this!

I must edit my post here, thanks to another TV member I was informed you joined three years before me. I did not notice the join date, only noticed that there was just one post here and it is on this thread.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; December 26, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2012   #285
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Stop this madness in my head!!!
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy