Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 10, 2021   #16
GreenThumbGal_07
Tomatovillian™

Nice layout Raybo!
GreenThumbGal_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021   #17
MSchep
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ray, I'm considering adding the EZ-Flo to my set up this year. I've already got my ET's set up with drip line feeding the modified earthbox AWS. Is adding the EZ-Flo as simple as hooking it up right into the existing drip line (down stream from the pressure reducer)?
MSchep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021   #18
solutus
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
I have spent about an hour searching for the Vilmorin Retail Store where one can order online - but without success. I would appreciate it very much if you would post a link you reference to their online portal. I have children who live in the Netherlands who might be able to purchase several packs in the EU, then send them to me.

EDIT: The only Website I found to order Vilmorin Dona F1 is called "Multitanks".

https://www.multitanks.com/en/command

Thank you for your help,

Raybo
Apologies for the late response to your request - somehow the notifications for threads get sent to deep within my junk mail, only to be discovered days later when cleaning out the junk!

Yes - multitanks international is a french company that offer Vilmordin seeds for retail purchase online. I am sorry that you had to spend the time searching - I should have posted a link in my first message 🙄

Glad to know that the information was of use though...

Thanks to you for all of your invaluable expertise and advise over the years 😊
solutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021   #19
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

solutus,

Thank you for the Website confirmation. I will have the Dona seeds sent to my son in Netherlands (5 Euros) and I will pick them up when we visit them later this year.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021   #20
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchep View Post
Hi Ray, I'm considering adding the EZ-Flo to my set up this year. I've already got my ET's set up with drip line feeding the modified earthbox AWS. Is adding the EZ-Flo as simple as hooking it up right into the existing drip line (down stream from the pressure reducer)?

My EZ-Flo is upstream from the ET pressure regulator.

Raybo
Old May 13, 2021   #21
solutus
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
solutus,

Thank you for the Website confirmation. I will have the Dona seeds sent to my son in Netherlands (5 Euros) and I will pick them up when we visit them later this year.

Raybo
Super! Glad it all worked out. I also hail from that general part of the world and I imagine that you (as I am) are happy at the prospect of being able to travel to Europe once more!

btw - any thoughts about the Carmello and Momotaro seeds that are sold in the US? I have both (both sourced in the US ) and curious to know your thoughts...
solutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021   #22
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

My Carmello Hybrid seeds also come from a US seed company (Park Seed). The Momotaro come from Kitazawa Seed Company in Oakland.

Raybo
Old May 13, 2021   #23
MSchep
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
My EZ-Flo is upstream from the ET pressure regulator.

Raybo
Oh, interesting. My understanding from some of the initial investigation I've done is that they don't like the pressure, but maybe that is just for the cheaper versions. OK, I'll do some more research.
Old June 3, 2021   #24
MSchep
Tomatovillian™

Hi Raybo, I'll be setting up my new EZ-Flo system with my ET/EB garden this weekend. Can I ask what "recipe" you're going with on the AgroThrive? What mix do you add to the EZ-Flo tank, and how have you dialed in the flow rate, etc? Do you have the fert flowing on every watering?

Thanks in advance!
Old June 3, 2021   #25
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Unfortunately, I broke off one of the nipples on the Injector when I was loading up the AgroThrive:

I just received from Ebay, a solid brass replacement:

So, I have manually done the root drench of AgroThrive plus Cal-Mag until I can install the new Injector. When operational, I will set the EZ-Flo at its lowest setting - just to be conservative, as the plants are currently doing extremely well.

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; June 3, 2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old June 4, 2021   #26
MSchep
Tomatovillian™

Glad you were able to get the replacement so quickly, Raybo! I'm pretty sure the brass version is coming with what I ordered, but delivery has been delayed, so we'll see.

Do you plan to dilute the AgroThrive when adding to the tank, or just straight up? And what ratio are you adding Cal-Mag? I assume you have this feeding daily when you add water via the AWS?

Sorry for all the questions, but you've been such a great resource over the years, I'm just trying to have a fraction of the success that you have!
Old June 4, 2021   #27
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Based on my past experience with the EZ-Flo from prior years with liquid fertilizers, I will be adding 16 oz. of AgroThrive plus 4 oz. Cal-Mag. I then fill up the EZ-Flo with water and reattach the top cover. Set it on lowest setting and watch the ferts move through the clear tube into distribution.

Remember, each EarthTainer holds approx 5 gallons of water in the reservoir at any moment in time so this will further dilute the mix. A bit of trial and error - but as I said be conservative with your settings until you "dial-in" just the right supplimental feeding you want.

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; June 4, 2021 at 10:11 PM.