Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 3, 2015   #16
snugglekitten
BANNED

So before I get banned, I will say that I will post results of this on other gardening forums. We will find out the truth even if they try to twist my words around and slander me more.
snugglekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2015   #17
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

Snuggle Kitten - I am not a moderator - just an old gardener. You need to tone down your language. No one is a "liar" The seed company speaks anecdotally and Vlad speaks from experience. Neither is a liar. I would side with the grower with experience because he is not trying to sell you anything. Just remember Paul Popeil saying "set it and Forget it" You know what happens when you do that. You have burnt chicken. He's not a liar. He is just trying to sell something
Old April 3, 2015   #18
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

In my experience, tomato Orkado F1 equally resistant to late blight as other similar Czech hybrids (Tornado F1, Uragan F1, Tajfun F1 and others) and also Stupice.
In the Czech text on the bag is included only crack resistance, in other languages is credited high tolerance and even resistance to late blight. Czech commercial NOHEL Garden, really deceives foreign customers.
Vladimír
I write until now, because all day I and my wife were in Vienna on exhibition, entitled from Monet to Picasso in Vienna. The exhibition was beautifull - there were also my favorite watercolors of Paul Cezanne.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2015   #19
snugglekitten
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInCypress View Post
Snuggle Kitten - I am not a moderator - just an old gardener. You need to tone down your language. No one is a "liar" The seed company speaks anecdotally and Vlad speaks from experience. Neither is a liar. I would side with the grower with experience because he is not trying to sell you anything. Just remember Paul Popeil saying "set it and Forget it" You know what happens when you do that. You have burnt chicken. He's not a liar. He is just trying to sell something

I would have to respectfully disagree with you - there are many farmers who rely on seed to feed their families - if they get sold a lemon, in this case a seed that is not blight resistent, they could be out of a home and on the streets.

Farmers are my ancestors and I love them and will not see them be betrayed by someone, no matter who tries to slander me in the process, and notice how our friend Vlad answered without any drama?

Still, my respect for the owner of this site and his boy in San Antonio are equal to the respect and hospitality they have shown me.
Old April 3, 2015   #20
snugglekitten
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
In my experience, tomato Orkado F1 equally resistant to late blight as other similar Czech hybrids (Tornado F1, Uragan F1, Tajfun F1 and others) and also Stupice.
In the Czech text on the bag is included only crack resistance, in other languages is credited high tolerance and even resistance to late blight. Czech commercial NOHEL Garden, really deceives foreign customers.
Vladimír
I write until now, because all day I and my wife were in Vienna on exhibition, entitled from Monet to Picasso in Vienna. The exhibition was beautifull - there were also my favorite watercolors of Paul Cezanne.
Stupice is a gift to the world. Great for Central European climate.
Old April 3, 2015   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf View Post
I think you are jesting with me Carolyn as the listings on the back of the pack are not variety names.
May I gently disagree? Thank you. Nope, I'm not jesting with you, after all, all of my paternal ancestors on both sides were from England and not all of them had a sense of humour, as you spell it, including my father.

First, the gruntovy one:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Gruntowy

Which I've grown.

And the one spelled Rajce:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...013+seed+offer

At the top of my 2013 seed offer you'll find it spelled the same same, seeds sent to me by Clara as Rajce.

The spellings can differ depending on how spelled in Russian and Polish, for example.I found out the hard way when I thought I had a new variety, it was spelled Bawole Cerce, but turned out to be the same as Buivola Serdtse, the first in Polish, the second one transliterated from Russian.

And I think one of the ones described in German, but no time right now to check it out.

Carolyn
Old April 3, 2015   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Still, my respect for the owner of this site and his boy in San Antonio are equal to the respect and hospitality they have shown me

.... is what you wrote and you used the word boy to describe the Global Mod Michael, who is a newly retired attorney with two sons who are also attorneys.

And you forgot me, who you might have described, probably, as that girl from upstate NY. I am not a girl. I am an adult woman, actually a Senior Citizen, if you will. And yes, I'm the other Global Mod here at Tville. As well as having a Ph.D in Microbiology and also retired.

See what I mean in terms of playing loose with language with those who disagree with you?

Carolyn
Old April 3, 2015   #23
snugglekitten
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post

So if anyone is interested - Vlad just vindicated exactly what I was getting at, no PC crocodile tears, nothing - he showed up the deception, and I am glad someone did for the sake of the tomato growers.

Now let the anti-snugglekitten hate-fest continue (it was worth it if I helped just one tomato-grower out there).

So if anyone is sifting through these threads you can see that we exposed a bad company and I was persecuted for it.

If anyone wants to apologize to me, I admire your bigness.
Old April 3, 2015   #24
snugglekitten
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Still, my respect for the owner of this site and his boy in San Antonio are equal to the respect and hospitality they have shown me

.... is what you wrote and you used the word boy to describe the Global Mod Michael, who is a newly retired attorney with two sons who are also attorneys.

And you forgot me, who you might have described, probably, as that girl from upstate NY. I am not a girl. I am an adult woman, actually a Senior Citizen, if you will. And yes, I'm the other Global Mod here at Tville. As well as having a Ph.D in Microbiology and also retired.

See what I mean in terms of playing loose with language with those who disagree with you?

Carolyn
Yes, I was threatened and slandered, but in the end was vindicated.

I said originally someone was being dishonest and that turned out to be the case, and it happened to be the party I initially thought.

So do with me as you will, I can't stand up for myself when my comments are deleted and I am being cyber-bullied by people here, but I will continue to not buy from this company again and I will tell others to not buy from them.

I thought you would have been a bit more impartial and at least admit that this company is being dishonest to tomato growers, but oh well, instead you tried to put words in my mouth and imply I think ill of you, when I don't.

The truth has vindicated me, and god help us all if we can't get to the truth by calling a spade a spade anymore.

Last edited by snugglekitten; April 3, 2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old April 3, 2015   #25
HCWithAltitude
Tomatovillian™

Umm...Wow. Reallly??

HWA
HCWithAltitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2015   #26
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglekitten View Post
I don't really care.

If you have no interest in finding out the truth but want to be politically correct, than there are other gardening forums that deserve respect but not here.

The sad thing is that a seed company is making possibly false claims and you are whining about me calling them out on it.

Just ban me if you want to act like a punk.

Word will get around.

Newsflash: The "word" about me has been out for almost a decade.

You have worn out your welcome here.

Oh, and mind that exit door... it has a nasty habit of hitting you in the arse on the way out.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2015   #27
maf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
May I gently disagree? Thank you. Nope, I'm not jesting with you, after all, all of my paternal ancestors on both sides were from England and not all of them had a sense of humour, as you spell it, including my father.

First, the gruntovy one:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Gruntowy

Which I've grown.

And the one spelled Rajce:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...013+seed+offer

At the top of my 2013 seed offer you'll find it spelled the same same, seeds sent to me by Clara as Rajce.

The spellings can differ depending on how spelled in Russian and Polish, for example.I found out the hard way when I thought I had a new variety, it was spelled Bawole Cerce, but turned out to be the same as Buivola Serdtse, the first in Polish, the second one transliterated from Russian.

And I think one of the ones described in German, but no time right now to check it out.

Carolyn
Carolyn, hopefully I can gently disagree back at you without sounding as rude as a certain former member. I believe the listings on the back are descriptions of the plant habit translated into different languages. Words like rajce and gruntowy are included because they mean tomato and ground.

The English one is poorly worded but they basically all mean the same thing, that it is an indeterminate variety suitable for growing as a cordon in the open field. For example the Polish description "pomidor palikowy gruntowy, hybryd" roughly translates to "picket ground tomato, hybrid" and the Czech "rajce tyckove na pole" equals "tomato picket on the field".
maf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2015   #28
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I am sorry!
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2015   #29
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Please don't be sorry, Vladimir.

He committed "forum suicide" the way I see it. Insulting three moderators within one thread sealed his fate. Surely he couldn't be that stupid to do such a thing and not expect to be tossed out the door.

I'm not sad to see him gone and I'll bet that there are a few others here that feel the same way.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2015   #30
maf
Tomatovillian™

To be honest, I was not 100% sure if he was a genuine person or a deliberate troll. Either way he deserved his ban.
maf is offline   Reply With Quote