General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.
|
|
May 28, 2020 | #16 | |
Tomatovillian™
|
Quote:
Also, no shipping fees at hyrdo stores. In my part of Los Angeles, Pro-Mix BX is $25 to $30 at a hydro shop. I paid almost $50 (before covid) for myco+fungicide for the standard 3.8 cuft bale, which I only use for starts and will last a long time for me. I have four Earthboxes and I use the Raybo mix now, but don't see the results I had when I had Pro-Mix many years ago. Plain o'l Pro-Mix BX is what I am planning to switch to if i really want to spend the $25. Saw an open bag of the walmart Pro-Mix and it looked pretty close to Pro-Mix BX, just a few more short, narrow sticks really no big deal, in fact people like the tiny bit more drainage they provide. I wish I had the presence of mind to take a pic to compare. |
|
May 31, 2020 | #17 | |
Tomatovillian™
|
Quote:
Found perlite finally yesterday. So this is what I have Majestic Earth sphagnum peat moss 3 cubic feet 8 quart dry vermiculite 8 quart dry perlite
May 31, 2020 | #18 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Unfortunately I fly out in about 3 hours. So I am going to have to put together this Earth Tanner with what I have. Am I still sticking with the three two one mixture
June 4, 2021 | #19 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Dork Fish sent me a message and I can't find a way to reply. If anyone has an email for him, please PM me. Thanks, Neil (retiree)
|
|
|