Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old July 22, 2013   #376
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Oh, yeah you're not so bad yourself Carolyn! LOL! Your advice is always looked for and highly respected.
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2013   #377
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
I was checking out Tomato books the other day at Amazon and came across Carolyn's book which I have. Looks like they are available again. Anyway I was looking at the reviews and guess whose name pops up as a reviewer, Pepper Jerk. Somebody needs to do a tap dance on his head.

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Hawken-H...R2M9C8HSA65H1I
I just went and looked over there. Besides the main review, he also posted this one to the 2 star review.
Quote:
"Bookgirl Di.

I couldn't agree more.
This book is a disgrace and is so OLD and OUTDATED it should be retired with a little dignity and class. I don't blame you for returning the book. Everyone should return it for a refund and not be ripped off. SO SAD....even sports figures know when it's time to hang up the jersey. Poor Dr. Carolyn Male just needs to stop living in the past. Even when this poor, tired book first appeared it's pictures were so horrid and did not represent our Tomato Industry very well. PLEASE Doctor Male...take it off of the market....have some dignity... I recommend books by Gary Isben and other reputable growers.
This tired book is so sad...as sad as the Tomatoville website where Carolyn Male now trolls.... "
I normally keep quiet, but it is shameful of him to have written such a review . Writing like that is of the behavior of a teenage boy, not a grown man.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2013   #378
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
I normally keep quiet, but it is shameful of him to have written such a review . Writing like that is of the behavior of a teenage boy, not a grown man.
Remy
There are a few words that aptly describe people like that. Polite people don't use those words and few people like the taste such words would leave in your mouth. Spitters come in many forms. This one has revealed the basest traits of his humanity for all the world to see.

I have contacted Amazon and reported his abuse of their review system. Amazon doesn't take kindly to that kind of thing and someone was certainly laying down on the job to let those through. Hopefully they will be removed and he will find himself banned there as well, both from reviews and from their marketplace.

The best thing that can happen to snake oil salesman and people who like to stick their fingers in other peoples eyes is to take away the forums they use to do it.

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Last edited by RebelRidin; July 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2013   #379
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Looks like its time for me to do a little amazon book review.
I have read Carolyns book many times.
I have stayed out of this discussion mainly because I don't need any negativity in my life at this time.
But like many things you can't sit on the sidelines forever.
At some point a man has to take a stand.
That time has arrived for me.
I can't do any good talking about it here amongst friends I feel I must walk into this herd of worm infested swine and do battle with the pen.

A direct insult to my friend Carolyn is a slap in the face to me.
I don't take kindly to the words I read in the review not one bit.

Carolyn hold your head high you are at the top of your class.
A place only these swine could only dream of being and a place they shall never be nor a position they shall never achieve.

For every bad thing they can say about the book I can say a thousand good things.

If any of you nasty pigs are reading this may the sands of the deserts infest your ars's.
May your wells run dry.
And may your camels run off with the Mongol hoards.
Only to leave you sitting in the dunes with only your hate and contemptuous words to chew on.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #380
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

There is a 'report abuse' button next to each review at Amazon.

Also, if you have a copy of Carolyn's book, write a book review of your own.

Thanks for the heads up, Ami.

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #381
Calcat36
Tomatovillian™

Worth,

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Calcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #382
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Now if anyone looks at Penny or the pepper website, you can see the really old website. It is a free one from maybe 2000 design?
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #383
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...y%27s+tomatoes

Above is the original link where Penny's Tomatoes was first posted here in 2011 and in the first post is what her website looked like in 2011 and what the input from Tville members was.

At this point I think everything that's been said, has been said. But newer members might appreciate more in terms of honesty and truth in selling seeds, interacting with others, etc.

The new links posted with book reviews reinforced what those of us who have been here a long time already knew as I see it. And newer members have had a chance to also see what some here have been through

So perhaps it's time to just let this long thread take a break, if you will.

Just my own opinion and no doubt there will be others who will disagree with my opinion.

Carolyn
Old July 23, 2013   #384
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Correction to my above post.

I realized that the website shown with the link was not the original one which was all cartoonish with a cartoon woman sporting two large red tomatoes for breasts, and sexually slanted comments made at several places at the site and same for some featured pictures, of peppers as I recall.

So the comments in the thread referred to the original cartoon version but are just as valid as to the nature of her site and the problems that many here at the time found with it.

Carolyn
Old July 23, 2013   #385
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Penny's Tomatoes from 2008
http://web.archive.org/web/200806132...stomatoes.com/
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #386
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug9345 View Post
Says 2009 on it and it's close, but not the same one that was first pictured here.

If you compare the varieties being talked about in the thread, many of them are not in this earlier version.

The version we saw had actual photos of many varieties and that's why in the thead you'll see folks saying that this photo or that one was taken from here or there, without permission.

Carolyn
Old July 23, 2013   #387
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Seriously, I'm not too sure very much makes Penny blush! Ok, really, that site is just plain bad taste. I could not take a site like that seriously and would never order from them just on principle, And they have the nerve to write their ugly comments on Amazon?!!! incredible!
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #388
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

i reported the posts to amazon as personal attacks against the author with ulterior motive. It might not do anything but if enough people report the posts it will make a difference. Amazon customer service is great.
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #389
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

I did also yesterday he wrote a Terrible nasty message . It would be nice if anyone would post this on other websites
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2013   #390
Mojave
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandrew View Post
i reported the posts to amazon as personal attacks against the author with ulterior motive.
Me too.

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.
-John Muir

Believe those who seek the Truth: Doubt those who find it.
-André Gide
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy