Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!
|
|
March 31, 2018 | #31 |
Tomatovillian™
|
|
March 31, 2018 | #32 |
Tomatovillian™
|
What's a party potato? Brings up quite a visual, potato with a lampshade on its head...
Nan |
March 31, 2018 | #33 |
Tomatovillian™
|
party potatoes... mashed potatoes made with cream cheese and sour cream butter and milk. you mix them just like mashed potatoes and then bake them until they are hot. no gravy needed.
March 31, 2018 | #34 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Here's a recipe link using heavy cream instead of sour cream. Once you serve these, this will be a staple at all your celebrations.
https://communitytable.parade.com/22...shed-potatoes/
March 31, 2018 | #35 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Potica, Yum! How about they both make it and you have a taste test?
March 31, 2018 | #36 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Patti,
Unfortunately they have all passed away...I remember fondly how we visited each others families, as well as my grandmother, to sample all the various dishes and treats. I really miss that closeness we all had then. Today, families are so spread out and don't get to visit with each other as they once did. George
April 1, 2018 | #37 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Happy Easter to all of you!
We will have it a week later on April 8. It is Orthodox Christian Easter. Today is a Pussy Willow Sunday (A Pious Resurrection) here. It is more correct to call it a Palm Sunday, but there is no tropical plants here grown so we use Willow plants as a symbol. Most of Orthodox Christians are going to church today to sunctify them or buy sunctified willow braches in the street markets. You should not work on this day even at home. No alcohol or argues. No deny on any request.
1 kg=2.2 lb , 1 m=39,37 in , 1 oz=28.35 g , 1 ft=30.48 cm , 1 lb= 0,4536 kg , 1 in=2.54 cm , 1 l = 0.26 gallon , 0 C=32 F Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR Last edited by Andrey_BY; April 2, 2018 at 12:39 AM. |
April 1, 2018 | #38 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Beautiful pictures, Andrey. My father and his family were Orthodox Catholics. Everyone went to church, then off to grandma's for the afternoon and dinner. I hope your holidays are as lovely as some of my memories of those times.
|
April 1, 2018 | #39 |
Tomatovillian™
|
The bottom pictuer would make a nice painting.
Worth |
April 1, 2018 | #40 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Thank you so much Andrey. We always gathered as family and had Easter lamb. Tradition! Watched a PBS special on the traditions still enjoyed and respected around the world. They were both sacred and beautiful. We have lost so much here. Many of these were part of the underpinnings of morals, values, family, tradition and our culture.
|
April 1, 2018 | #41 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Yes, beautiful pictures. Thank you for posting them.
Nan |
April 1, 2018 | #42 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Lovely!!! And the pussy willows in the first picture... they are GORGEOUS!!! I really wish the moose and rabbits would lay off the willows a bit, because it's hard to find any that aren't bitten down around here.
|
April 1, 2018 | #43 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I love Easter. One of my favorite holidays, along with Thanksgiving and Fourth of July.
We had brunch at my sister's--pomegranate prosecco punch, frittata with bacon, gruyere, spinach, tomatoes and spring onions, hash brown casserole, fruit salad, asparagus with hollandaise. Dessert was from one of our vendors at our farmers market--vanilla pound cake with her lemon curd and fresh raspberries. Home now and for dinner, we have planned--spiral sliced ham, au gratin potatoes, pea and butter lettuce salad, baby carrots, rolls, and my daughter made lemon cheesecake mousse with homemade lemon curd (lots of lemon curd today). Happy Easter! Happy Passover!
April 1, 2018 | #44 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Well I got the coleslaw out of the way now for the Catfish Po Boy.
You cant have one without the other in my opinion. It was an obvious choice, fries or coleslaw. Coleslaw is much more healthy. Red cabbage habanero and cranberry coleslaw. Worth IMG_20180401_0322.jpg Last edited by Worth1; April 1, 2018 at 03:34 PM. |
April 1, 2018 | #45 |
Tomatovillian™
|
The dreaded catfish Po Boy.
Lettuce tomato bread and butter pickles and mayonnaise catfish and French bread. Worth IMG_20180401_40526.jpg |
|
|