Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 1, 2017   #31
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I would but it will have to be in containers if I did, the beds are taken up with okra.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2017   #32
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I planted my last tomato seed for my final plant out just last week. I also will lose a couple of weeks due to the grafting process.

I always plant a mix of tomatoes for the fall with some being the best at setting in the heat and generally earlier varieties along with some that do better in the cooling conditions of fall because you never know how early the first frosts will come or if your fall will be dry and hot or damp and cool. I am in the process of grafting plants for my late summer production and it leans heavily to the varieties that do best in extreme heat like, Indian Stripe PL and RL, Spudakee, Pruden's Purple, JD's Special C Tex, Arkansas Traveler, Berkely Tie Dye Pink, and a few others but those varieties will make up the bulk of that bed. For fall some of those will be included in case the weather is like last year and stays hot and dry well into November but I will also have some like Brandywine Cowlick's, and Limbaugh's Legacy in case it is a more moderate fall.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2, 2017   #33
swellcat
Tomatovillian™

Default Can Stand the Heat

Quote:
. . . leans heavily to the varieties that do best in extreme heat like, Indian Stripe PL and RL, Spudakee, Pruden's Purple, JD's Special C Tex, Arkansas Traveler, Berkely Tie Dye Pink . . .
Thanks for that list.
swellcat is offline   Reply With Quote